Sunday 19 February 2012

Stop The Presses !

I recently posted a blog about my undying love for candles.
In which I mentioned that I had several Moroccan Lanterns - That I love dearly.
Within the last few days , I was looking around on Pinterest. ( Which by the way is my new addiction. A website devoted to picture,crafts,recipe, and idea trading. What's not to love right?)

Under the '' Do It Yourself Crafts'' section I found this gem.
To be honest , I was blown away. How is it possible that I have never thought of this?
That's right , they had the steps necessary to make your own home made lantern!!
Amazing right??
I found the website where the picture originally came from , and read the step-by-step guide to see if this craft project is as easy as it really seems. By God it really is!
There are only two steps involved in this process.

Step 1: Once you have picked out the perfect  jar and cleaned it properly , you apply a layer ( or more all depending on what your taste is) of paint on the inside of the jar. You can use bright bold colours such as fuchsia, yellow , orange or aqua. After all the colours you choose will be the colours reflected on your wall , so pick something bright and funky!

Step 2: Once the inside layer has dried , it's time to move on and put all our attention on the outside of the jar.  Using a sparkly gold or black paint , you must paint the pattern you want to have on the outside. On the website where I found the step-by-step guide , they mentioned using lace material to achieve the lovely pattern that is often found in lace. Which makes sense!
Remember now is the perfect time to use dots, swirls and other intricate designs.

Then all that's missing is a simple tea light candle and Va-Va-Va-Voom! .
You've got yourself a Moroccan Lantern for pennies.
If that isn't decorating on a dime... I don't know what is!

I'm going to get the supplies needed , and try this one on the weekend!
I'll let everyone know how it goes. In the mean time, here is some borrowed inspiration!


No comments:

Post a Comment